Not all law firms are created equal
There are hundreds of law firms and almost every one of them is different.
Here’s a list of important questions that need to be asked when working with recruiters and talking with firms, prior to joining a firm.
- What’s the firm’s profitability?
- Does the firm have debt or long term leases?
- How are profits divided and distributed?
- What’s the timing of receipt of those profits?
- Capital contribution requirements and how to be paid?
- How is compensation structured and determined?
- Expectations for working attorney hours, billing attorney hours, and responsible attorney hour?
- Bill rate expectations and what’s negotiable for specific clients?
- Retirement policy?
- Are there benefits for partners?
- Marketing package (Budget and reimbursement)?
- Can you bring your team with you?
At the Lion Group, we are privy to answering these questions for several firms and will guide the lawyer through this important process of asking the right questions.
Why not start today with us?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us today to answer your questions and begin.
*The right Moves: Job Search and Career Development Strategies for Lawyers by Valerie Fontaine